Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Suit Up!

As I was thinking about what to do with all this hair on my head a thought came across my mind; "What is 'Work Appropriate' clothing and style?". As the rest of the world changes what people wear to work hasn't changed much at all. For people like me who work in an office it is still pretty much the same. Guys wear shirt and tie with dress pants. This is the same style as far back as I can even think. If you are 'business man' you wear a suit. But why is this? The jobs aren't the same. More people are using the internet to do their banking, shopping, and other previous daily tasks. The equipment the business men work with is not the same. There is less and less face-to-face iteration than ever before. 

Back in the day jeans were something that a 'working man' would wear. They were created to be durable and to an extent protective. But now you can buy jeans that make most of my dress clothes look cheap. If I was to walk into an office and see see everyone sitting around wearing jeans and golf shirt I wouldn't feel like the service is any less than anywhere else. Just because someone is wearing a suit doesn't mean they are more inclined to do a job than someone who isn't.

As this progressive world keeps 'progressing' some things just don't change. A person who used to sit in front of a typewriter and saw 50 customers in one day is still wearing the same suit in front of computer and only seeing 10 customers a day.

Personally I don't see suits as a comfort when I walk into a store.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything you don't need to know

My photo
I'm on air every weekday from Noon-6:00 PM. This blog is chance for you to enjoy your little bit of daily randomness!! I post anything I find interesting and random. Sit back click away and enjoy randomness!!