Monday, March 21, 2011

I Am Confused!?!

So as some of you know I got into a bit of an accident earlier this year. I hit some bad ice and my car hit a pole. There was a bit more than a bit of damage but I was pretty sure the car wouldn't get written off.

The accident happened on Wednesday March 2nd. With all the ugly weather we have seen in the past while I didn't expect my car to get adjusted right away. Sadly I was unable to get in until Monday March 21st.

This forced me to drive around for 18 days with a smashed front end and a missing signal light. Even though it wasn't much of an issue I had a large number of people give me the one finger wave when they didn't know I was turning.

Once I made it to my appointment I expected it to last for a couple of hours so I called for a ride. But once I got my car in I was told that it will only take a little bit. By a little bit I assumed an hour or so. 15 minutes later I was on my way to work.

My car ended up not being wrote off but there was a large amount of damage to it. Almost $3,200 worth. After I got back to work and inspected the sheet SGI gave me a bit more I noticed the price of labor was only $90 some dollars less than the parts. How can this be? I am confused and questioning my line of work. If you are charging someone the same price for parts as you are for labor it makes you wonder how much they charge per hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything you don't need to know

My photo
I'm on air every weekday from Noon-6:00 PM. This blog is chance for you to enjoy your little bit of daily randomness!! I post anything I find interesting and random. Sit back click away and enjoy randomness!!