Wednesday, February 23, 2011

She Said WHAT At Her Wedding?!?

Over the weekend I went on a nice big trek to northern Saskatchewan again. On Friday after I left work I took off to Saskatoon to start my long venture. Once I got there I met up with a friend went out for drinks and watching a show. After leaving the show I found a parking ticket on my windshield. This is the second in 2 weeks. Starting to think it MIGHT BE my fault. The next morning I chilled out met with an old college roommate and had dinner and a few drinks before I continued on my adventures.

In the afternoon I drove to Melfort to watch my brother play against Melfort. The night before they lost 5-2. I was expecting a similar game. But what I saw was far from similar. Nipawin lost 11-0. Nothing really exciting came out of this game. That night I drove to Bellevue to my auntie, uncle, and 3 cousins. Just hung out and talked that night and the next morning.

Around noon on Sunday I drove back to Saskatoon to attend a high school friend's wedding. I was going alone to this wedding so I wasn't sure if I would really know anyone there. After showing up to Saskatoon early I stopped by a pub near the hotel where the wedding was to take place. After a few quick pre-wedding drinks I made my over to the hotel. The first person I saw was a guy I went to elementary school with. He moved out of Radville when we were in grade 8 or so. So it was nice to catch up with him.

A little while after talking we were asked to meet for the ceremony. While this was all great and lovely, like most weddings are, there was a bit of entertainment as well. The bride said something you would only hear in a comedy. Since it was a civil service it was fairly lax. The bride was asked to do the 'repeat after me' part, which is standard and not exciting. But she made it fun. When asked to repeat 'take the lawfully wedded' she said 'take the awfully wedded'. After a few moments of laughter she was asked to repeat the correct words 3 times.

The rest of the night was very fun and entertaining. We had a few drinks and unlike other weddings I was able to sit down with the groom for a few minutes and actually have a conversation. This is something I was sure wouldn't be able to happen with how busy weddings are.

The next day I was going to make a stop in Regina then go home since I worked Tuesday. But before I left I was told I need to make a detour and visit another friend of mine. I said I would love to, since we never to get hang out. After some birthday cake and a drink I carried on my way. Once I reached Regina I was able to wrap up my trip. Had a great chat with a friend followed by a relaxing hot tub experience before I went home.

All in all it was a great, long, long weekend. Visiting with friends is something I enjoy more than anything. Being so far away from so many great friends it was hard to pass up any opportunities to see as many as I could. I can't wait until the next trip north. I hope it won't be long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything you don't need to know

My photo
I'm on air every weekday from Noon-6:00 PM. This blog is chance for you to enjoy your little bit of daily randomness!! I post anything I find interesting and random. Sit back click away and enjoy randomness!!