Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm Offended!

The way this world is going lately everything has to be so politically correct. And it seems like everything you say on the radio or in life has be to said just right. One of my co-workers asked our audience if anyone had Obsessive Compulsive tendencies. After a few people called in and told him about eating the red Smarties last or putting on the left sock before the right one he received a phone call. A listener was offended by how he was "making fun| of people with OCD. Which was not the case at all.

I'm sure there are people who are reading this who have older family members who use old style terms that would be frowned upon now days. People aren't handicapped anyone. They are disabled challenged. These terms change so quickly that people who have certain conditions can't even keep up with them.

People can't take anything lightly anymore. There is no sense of HA HA left in this world. Looking around a bar to see if you can tell a joke. repeating something in your head before you say it out loud. If everyone would just lighten up a bit more there would be more laughs and who knows maybe fewer wars.

But what do I know? I am just a guy. I am not offended by much. Maybe it is because I do not have any challenged to overcome. But when I (a 6'4" white male) call someone (a 5'4" black female) short, I'm being offensive.

If everyone is supposed to be equal and we are supposed to be able to laugh at ourselves then why can't we laugh at each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything you don't need to know

My photo
I'm on air every weekday from Noon-6:00 PM. This blog is chance for you to enjoy your little bit of daily randomness!! I post anything I find interesting and random. Sit back click away and enjoy randomness!!