Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm Old!?! Wait....What!?

So for the past little while I have realized that I have became "That Guy". The one who makes obscure references to things that used to be cool. When asked what my favorite bands were I would say classic rock bands or rappers who haven't recorded anything new in the past 10 years.

If listening to Beastie boys, Bloodhound Gang, Dre, or anyone else makes me old I guess I am. Everything moves so fast now a days. Music changes weekly. Every time I look at the top 50 list there is a new artist making their mark.

I just remember days when you had your pop princesses, rappers, hip hop stars, rockers, country singers, and boy bands. Now everyone has to be a crossover hit to get air play. I really have to put all the blame on iPods and other MP3 players.

People are listening to everything in a shuffle fashion.  Everyone is a fan of all kinds of music and they expect everyone else to be the same way. The only way you will only here country, pop, rock, or anything like that is by listening to sat. radio or your own iPod (which I'm sure has everything on it anyways).

I just miss the days of tuning into a rock station and not hearing country music. But maybe it's true. Maybe I am getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything you don't need to know

My photo
I'm on air every weekday from Noon-6:00 PM. This blog is chance for you to enjoy your little bit of daily randomness!! I post anything I find interesting and random. Sit back click away and enjoy randomness!!