Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm Too Big!

Over the weekend I traveled to Nipawin Saskatchewan to watch my brother (Grant Jensen) play hockey with the Nipawin Hawks. As some of you know he was traded there from the Weyburn Red Wings before Christmas. On my trip all I planned on doing was watching some hockey, being lazy and maybe partake in a few beverages.

All in all it was a great trip. My brothers second family is really nice. His billet family for those who are wondering. I pretty much hung out with them more than my brother. Since he had hockey and practice and team stuff I was pretty much left at the house.

When I got to Nipawin I was able to meet everyone before being rushed out the door to head to the rink to watch the Nipawin Hawks Alumni team take on player of the Saskatchewan Roughriders. It was great entertainment and I had a few good laughs. It was like the Harlem Globtrotters on ice ha ha.

When I got to the rink I wanted to pick up some Nipawin Hawks gear. Hats, shirts, mugs, mini sticks.... that stuff. I found a really nice hat and some mini sticks and a mug. The shirt, jacket, bunny hug part was a little harder to acquire. I am a pretty large guy. But the largest clothes they had were just Large or one shirt that was Extra Large. I skipped out on the shirt for the first day needless to say.

That night I watched the Hawks play the Stars. Nipawin lost 5-2 in what was a pretty decent game to watch.

The next day I walked up to the merch booth again and the guy recognized me and asked if I found anything that fit. After explaining I did not he asked if I tried on a Hawks jersey. I said no and explained I didn't want to pay that much. After talking for a bit he told me he would give me a good deal if one fit. What do you know, one did fit. I asked how much and he said $45. I was shocked and paid him before he could change his mind. During the game I bought a few 50/50 tickets. It must have been my lucky night because what do you know. I won. I won $272.50.

Too bad it wasn't the Hawks lucky night. They lost 7-1.

That was my trip up North. I am looking forward to the next time I get to go.

(Clinton Pirio Left with Grant Jensen Right)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything you don't need to know

My photo
I'm on air every weekday from Noon-6:00 PM. This blog is chance for you to enjoy your little bit of daily randomness!! I post anything I find interesting and random. Sit back click away and enjoy randomness!!